We are… A San Antonio Story.
For over 90 years we have been creating buildings that inspire and connect people.
We may have changed our name, but we have never changed our passion!
1927: EICKENROHT & COCKE
The firm began as a partnership between Marvin Eickenroht and Bartlett Cocke.
1931: BARTLETT COCKE, ARCHITECTS
The original partnership was dissolved when Bartlett Cocke wished to increase the firm’s staff and project size but Marvin Eickenroht wanted the firm remain small.
1936: BARTLETT COCKE & ASSOCIATES
The firm’s name changed again when Bartlett Cocke invited his
long-term employees to share in the firm’s profits.
1970: BARTLETT COCKE & ASSOCIATES, INC.
The firm incorporated.
1979: CHUMNEY, JONES & KELL, INC.
Bartlett Cocke decreased his involvement in the firm, and the five longest-tenured employees took control of the firm. The group decided to include only Pat Chumney, Carlos Jones and John Kell Jr’s names in the name of the firm.
1983: Jones & Kell, Inc.
Pat Chumney left the firm to start his own practice.
2000: Kell Muñoz Architects, Inc.
Dan Wigodsky left the firm to start his own practice.
John Kell Jr. retires – 2008.